50 Greenleaf Rd. Angier, N.C. 27501    Office: 919-894-4763 Fax: 919-894-7590
Contact Us

History of 50-210 Fire Department

The 50-210 Community Volunteer Fire Department was one of the first rural fire departments in Johnston County. As early as 1957, meetings were begun to make plans for a volunteer fire department. Mr. Tink Coats was the driving force behind the establishment of a volunteer fire department in the 50-210 community. It was incorporated on August 4, 1958 and official recognition came in July of 1959. The fire department has always been composed of community members who volunteer much time and effort to serve the needs of the community.

Bernard Parsons and A.M. Jones went to Indiana to accept deliver of the department's first fire truck and drive it back to the community. Mr. Bill Sauls donated the use of land and the building for the fire department for 34 years.

The first members of the Board of Directors were:
Chairman - S.S. (Bill) Sauls Vice Chairman - R.F. (Tink) Coats
Trubie Honeycutt J.W. Stephenson
Donnie Stephenson Vernon Langdon
S. Aaron Langdon G. Willie Lee
Graham Lee R.Z. McGee
Roy Grimes

 

The first officers of the 50-210 Volunteer Fire Department were
President - Clarence P. Trader
First Vice President - T.O. (Teeny) Noles
Second Vice President - Shelton Benson
Secretary - Shelton Langdon
Fire Chief - Bernard Parsons
Assistant Fire Chief - A.M. Jones
Assistant Fire Chief - T.O. (Teeny) Noles

The first firemen of the 50-210 Volunteer Fire Department were
Gerald Benson A.M. Jones T.O. Noles
Othel Benson Jaylon P. Jones Bernard Parsons
Bruce Byrd Rudolph Jones LeMay Penny
Etheridge Byrd Artimus Johnson Bobby Pleasant
Wilbert Coats John Kennedy Vilus Pleasant
Doward Gregory Garland Langdon Jerry Roberts
Edward Honeycutt Robert Langdon Kenneth Stephenson
W.J. Honeycutt Shelton Langdon Rosemond Woodall

There have been five fire chiefs of the 50-210 Volunteer Fire Department
Benard Parsons 1959 - 1980
Earl Ray Honeycutt 1980 - 1990
James (Jim) Parrish 1990 - 2008
Andy Mack Penny 2008 - 2009
Nathan Burgess 2009 - present

The fire department currently has two firehouses
50-210 Station 1 
Station 1 is located just South of McGee�s Crossroads on Greenleaf Road
50-210 Station 2
Station 2 is located on Jackson-King Road

Cornerstone
Cornerstone at Station 1